Multi-Scale Continuum Modeling
Research Team: Celik, Smirnov (past) and Kang.
- Dr. Ismail Celik (Multi-scale continuum modeling)
- - Detailed chemical kinetic mechanisms for reactions
- - High performance computings for large scale simulations
- - Validation using experimental data
- - Identification of optimum operating conditions
- Dr. Andrei Smirnov (Sub-Micro Scale Modeling)
- - Nanoscale Modeling
- - Upward integration of nanoscale to multicomponent model
- - Molecular Dynamics Simulations
- Dr. Bruce Kang
- - Thermal Stress Modeling
- - Long Term Degradation Modeling
- One post-doc and two PhD Students
- Continuum Simulations to integrate nano, micro and macro scale models.
- Integration of experimental and sub-micro scale numerical investigations into multiple-length scale models for degradation of performance due to carbon deposition, sulfur poisoning and trace elements in CSG.
- Identification of optimum operating conditions.